THERE ARE so many things you can do with a fine coffee liqueur. Like the one you'll get when you use our premium Global Flavours Espresso Coffee Liqueur Essence to make your own liqueur. Check out this terrific trifle!
- One (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Espresso Liqueur made from Global Flavours Espresso Coffee Liqueur Essence
- One (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- One (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a mixing bowl until smooth, and pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies shows moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Set the brownies aside, and cool completely. Use a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the brownies, about 1/2-inch apart; drizzle the coffee liqueur all over the brownies. Let the brownies stand 5 minutes to soak up the liqueur.
- In a bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix with cold milk until thickened, about 2 minutes; allow to stand 5 more minutes to set.
- To assemble dessert, cut the brownies up into small cubes. Layer 1/3 of the brownies into the bottom of a glass trifle bowl, and top with a layer of pudding, then a layer of whipped topping. Repeat twice more, ending with whipped topping. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.