Homebrewers have less headaches
GLOBAL FLAVOURS essence supplier Keith Emms says it's simple chemistry why people who make and consume their own spirits have less headaches and stomach upsets compared to those who imbibe in commercial alcohol products.
"Especially those who drink lower refined products such as bourbons, whiskeys, and most other brown spirits," says Keith.
Keith says that these drinks are only refined to 65% alcohol/volume and contain plenty of 'nasties' as commercial distillers. take very little if any of the toxins out during the distillation.
"The sad truth is that commercial manufacturers take very little, if an,y of the toxins out during the distillation."
"Even the higher graded spirits such as vodka and gin are subject to corporate greed.
"The establishment has never been shy of scrimping and cutting corners to save money."
Home brewers, on the other hand, take their product up to 95% AN and separate and discard the 'heads and tails' – those 'nasties' that can make you so crook after big night.
Keith has been in the spirits essence alcohol flavouring industry for 30 years and says the techniques now used to extract the essences guarantee an almost perfect drink when added to clean filtered alcohol.a healthier option, and much less expensive.
"Today's spirit essence flavours, especially from a premium brand like Global Flavours, offer a much healthier option, and they're much less expensive.
The Byron region enjoys a large and enthusiastic community of home brewers, says Keith, who has a large client base around the Northern Rivers area. And he's offering a free sample of his new liqueur range to Voice of Byron readers.
To take advantage of this offer:
- Visit keithemms.com/shop
- Purchase any product
- In your order's Comments section, add "VoB" (Voice Of Byron)
...and look forward to receiving a gift of 2 free shots of either Espresso Coffee, Calypso Coconut or Midori Melon.
Amazing Global Flavours Espresso Liqueur Trifle
THERE ARE so many things you can do with a fine coffee liqueur. Like the one you'll get when you use our premium Global Flavours Espresso Coffee Liqueur Essence to make your own liqueur. Check out this terrific trifle!
- One (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Espresso Liqueur made from Global Flavours Espresso Coffee Liqueur Essence
- One (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- One (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a mixing bowl until smooth, and pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies shows moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Set the brownies aside, and cool completely. Use a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the brownies, about 1/2-inch apart; drizzle the coffee liqueur all over the brownies. Let the brownies stand 5 minutes to soak up the liqueur.
- In a bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix with cold milk until thickened, about 2 minutes; allow to stand 5 more minutes to set.
- To assemble dessert, cut the brownies up into small cubes. Layer 1/3 of the brownies into the bottom of a glass trifle bowl, and top with a layer of pudding, then a layer of whipped topping. Repeat twice more, ending with whipped topping. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.